We are seeking an Entry Level Sales Engineer in Houston, TX area who has the ability to work from a home based office and travel up to 80% on weekdays.
This is an ideal job for a recent Engineering graduate in Mechanical, Aerospace and/or similar Engineering fields who has a desire to apply those skills in a sales environment with the intention of growing into an Account Management Sales role within one to two years. Relocation is not available for this position.
As the Entry Level Sales Engineer, you will provide application specific support at customer locations including troubleshooting and laser scanner expertise, initial equipment setup, and technical demonstrations of hardware and software products, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
Essential Responsibilities / Functions
• Establish and maintain credibility as technical subject matter expert and internal technical consultant
• Assist customer in implementing measurement solutions for customers specific processes and parts
• Respond to technical support/assistance inquiries as directed
• Provide application specific product demonstrations and support throughout the lead generation and sales process
• Set up and test equipment at new customer installations
• Actively seek ways to continuously improve products and services, providing feedback to Product Management
• BS Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace, related Engineering field, or equivalent experience
• Understanding of 2D and 3D CAD
• Eligible for US employment
• Valid Driver’s License
• Up to 80% weekday travel
• Sales or Customer Service experience
• Technical consulting experience
• Laser Scanner or imaging applications experience
• Presentation skills
• GD&T experience
• Desire to move into Account Management Role
Point Cloud Software a plus
Capex Sales Experience knowledge
On a regular basis, lifting of average or heavy weight materials over 50 lbs, occasional bending, stooping and upper body & arm rotation, frequent pushing, pulling, sitting, standing and reaching and some climbing.
Great Company with Excellent Benefits for You and Family
We not only care for our employees but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
• A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
• Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
• Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
• 401K with employer match
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training opportunities
• Wellness fairs
• Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
• Other employee events.